Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 42 (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps) Don't smash your face

As I mentioned before, had to shuffle to workouts to accommodate my drive to Florida on Saturday.  Today was Chest/Shoulders/Triceps.  Pretty straightforward.  Not much of an improvement from last week, but I am definitely pushing myself to muscle exhaustion throughout the workout.  For instance, I tried Plyo push ups on my feet today.  They come in the later half of the workout so by that time I'm pretty fried.  Outside of the workout, I had found I could do them on my feet and not on my knees, so I figured I would "bring it."  Well, I was a little too fried apparently.  I went down, pushed up, got some air, barely got my hands together, came back down and my arms collapsed and I ate carpet.  Needless to say I finished on my knees.

I also tried one-armed push ups on my feet.  I had also done this outside of the workout and wanted to try it.  Unfortunately, I was too fried by this time to accomplish it.  However, I'm good enough on my knees I can do it almost indefinitely.  I just have to find some way to transition that to my feet. 

All in all, this was a great workout.  I pushed as hard as I could and didn't leave anything back.  I won't see this workout again until the second week of Phase III. 

No comments:

Post a Comment