Monday, March 19, 2012

Starting out...

I'm not going to lie...it seems incredibly self indudgent and self important to blog. It is kind of like writing a personal diary and and publishing it thinking that everyone else is dying to know what you do every day.
I'm starting this blog for three reasons:
  1. I'm starting the P90X workout program and I'd like to be able to look back and see what I went through and how far I've come.
  2. It creates some accountability. Making a big change in your life is hard. It is easy to quit, especially if no one else knows you are trying. If I'm putting updates on a public forum, it creates at least a little bit of an embarrassing consequence if I just pack it in after 7 days.
  3. It might help someone who is going through the same experience. Before I purchased the program, I was encouraged by seeing someone else's blog...someone who was at about the same fitness level as me before they started. It was nice to see how far they came and what they went through.
So there it is. I am currently planning on starting the program this Thursday. Before then, I'll blog a little bit about my current fitness level...kind of a baseline before I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment